Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How to upgrade firmware on SMA 100 Series appliances
02/18/2021 1281 15323
This article explains the steps to upgrade firmware on an SMA 100 series appliance.
- Navigate to System | Settings, click Export Settings. You will get a prompt to save to a location.
TIP: Its always a good idea to have a saved settings file in case of a problem or to re-provision the appliance quickly in case of hardware replacement.
- Once you have the settings exported you can download the firmware from mysonicwall.com.
- Once logged in navigate to Downloads. In the drop down for Software Type choose the hardware platform you are going to upgrade.
- Click on the latest firmware link.
- From the web interface of the SMA appliance navigate to System | Settings. Click Upload New Firmware.
- Browse to the downloaded firmware. Once the file has finished uploading you will see the new version in New Firmware.
- Click New Firmware:
CAUTION: Make sure Boot with factory default settings is OFF. If this is ON, then it will remove all your settings and the appliance will be in factory defaulted state.
- Click on the Boot button. The device will boot. Wait for the login page.
- Login to the appliance and verify that the appliance upgraded successfully by going to System | Status.