How to Upgrade Firmware for SonicWall NSv Series?
04/09/2020 163 People found this article helpful 44,369 Views
This article details how to upgrade the Firmware on SonicWall NSv Series, including recommedations for backing up configuration and settings.
NOTE: Before upgrading your SonicOS Firmware, please consult the Support Matrix to understand the supported upgrade paths. The following article provides additional information regarding this topic: Can I Import the settings from one SonicWall UTM device to another? (Support Matrix)
Backing up Your Settings
1. Click Manage in the top navigation menu. Navigate to Updates | Settings. Select the Import/Export Configuration option, choose Export Configuration and save the .EXP File to a safe location.
Downloading and Importing the New Image
1. Navigate to MySonicWall.com and login with the account that your SonicWall is registered to.
2. Click Download | Download Center and locate your device under Software Type. Then select the firmware version you would like to download.
NOTE: SonicWall NSv Firmware Images have a file name extension of .swi.
3. Once the Firmware Image is downloaded, navigate to Manage at the top of the navigation menu. Click Updates | Settings.
4. Click Upload Image and navigate to where the Firmware Image (.swi file) is stored on your local device. Click Upload.
Booting to the New Image
1. After uploading the Firmware you will see it on the Settings Page, available as both Uploaded Image and Uploaded Image with Factory Default Settings.
NOTE: In most deployments, the Uploaded Image option is preferred, if you accidentally choose Factory Default Settings you can access the SonicWall using the default IP Address and Credentials for your device.
2. For whichever option you'd like to choose, select the Boot Image Icon on the far-right. The SonicWall will begin the process of rebooting, then become unavailable as it loads the new Image.
3. The upgrade is complete after the NSv reboots.
NOTE: For Upgrade to Firmware Version 220.127.116.11
- Export current settings
- Re-deploy with Version 18.104.22.168
- Import settings