Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How to upgrade Capture Client automatically using Client Policy?
03/26/2020 46 10134
This KB article describes the process to enforce an automatic upgrade of Capture Client version to all the clients in a particular policy.
Capture Client allows the Administrator to enforce an upgrade of the client on all the endpoint devices automatically.
Steps to upgrade the Client Version:
- Log into Capture Client Portal with your MysonicWall credentials.
- Navigate to Security Policies > Capture Client.
- Click Edit on the appropriate Client Policy.
NOTE: For assistance to create the Client Policies check the following KB article: How do I configure Capture Client policies?
- Select the Settings Tab as shown in screenshot below.
- Click Edit option that is found towards the right side of the screen.
- Click the dropdown for Capture Client version to select the new version of client.
- After selecting the required version, click Update.
- The Client policy would then enforce the new upgrade onto all the included endpoint devices.
- If the endpoint client does not update the policy automatically. Right Click on the Client Capture (under System Tray) and select Update Policy.