How to set log templates on firewall for GMS
03/26/2020 19 People found this article helpful 90,488 Views
This article helps setup syslog setting on the firewall by importing pre-defined templates on the firewall
How to set log templates for firewalls
To import and set log templates on the Firewall, follow below steps:
- Login to firewall and go to Manage > Log Settings > Base Setup page
2. On the page, click on ‘Import Template’ button and a pop-up window will come up
3. In the pop-up window click the dropdown on ‘Select a Template’ and choose ‘Analyzer / Viewpoint/GMS’
4. Click ‘Accept’ and that will apply the template on the Firewall and adjust logs / syslog settings accordingly.
To set log template for a Group of firewall using GMS, follow below steps:
- Login to GMS and go to Firewall tab and on the Tree Control (left panel), select the Group
- Now in the middle panal, click on ‘Manage’ and scroll down to Log > Categories
Note: In GMS 9.x, click on ‘Manage’ on top bar tab and then follow below steps
3. Click on ‘Import from Template’ and pop-up box will come up
4. Select ‘Analyzer/Viewpoint/GMS’ and click ‘Update’ and it will created a task in GMS and once executed, it will update settings on the firewall.
Was This Article Helpful?