Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How to restrict personal Gmail and other Google services
10/22/2020 21 5251
Data loss prevention and employee productivity are always a concern when on the corporate network, this article explains how you can restrict Google services to only the corporate domain.
- You have rolled out the DPI-SSL certificate to all machines subject to this policy.
- You have an existing CFS policy in place.
- You are blocking Google Quic (if using Chrome as a browser) via application or firewall rules.
Restricting Google Services
1. Go to Manage | Network | Zones and enable DPI-SSL Client on the required zones.
2. Go to Manage | Decryption Services | DPI-SSL/TLS Client and Enable SSL Client Inspection along with Content Filter.
3. Go to Manage | Objects | Content Filter Objects | CFS Profile Objects and edit the profile that you are using in your policy
- Go to the Custom Header Tab and Enable Custom Header Insertion and add the following (replace sonicwall.com with your own domain):
4. Try logging into a personal account.