How to register and set up SonicWave in 2 minutes?
03/26/2020 78 7985
With SonicWiFi mobile app, you can now register and bring access point online in less than two minutes
a) Zero-Touch ready SonicWave access points with active subscription license. Any if the following platforms:
- SonicWave 200 series: SonicWave 231c, 224w, 231o
- SonicWave 400 series: SonicWave 432e, 432i, 432o
b) Mobile device (Apple/Android) with SonicWiFi mobile app version 1.0.8 or newer.
1) Power up the access point using PoE injector or AC adapter
2) Connect AP to the network using Ethernet cable
3) Launch SonicWiFi mobile app, login using cloud credentials (same as MySonicWall)
4) From the menu click on "Register SonicWave"
5) Click "Scan" to scan the QR code for AP (you find the QR code on the back of the AP, as well as on the packaging box)
6) Upon scan completion, you can choose to update the AP "Friendly Name" (e.g., TV Room SonicWave), then click "Register"
7) Select Zone to place the access point in a proper zone (skipping this step will require future configuration completion)
8) AP now shows in dashboard. Wait for a couple of minutes and AP status becomes green
Registration is now complete.