How to register an NSv in a closed Network
09/23/2020 0 987
NOTE: This registration method uses Manual Upgrade and is not recommended for normal product registration on products that have internet access.
In a closed network, your NSv does not have internet access and cannot communicate directly with the SonicWall licensing server. To complete the registration process, you need to obtain information from MySonicWall and then log into SonicOS on your NSv and enter that information.
- Log into your NSv appliance and navigate to the MONITOR | System Status page
- Make a note of the GUID, or leave the page open in your browser. The GUID is displayed in the System Information section.
- In another browser tab or window, log into your MySonicWall account.
- Navigate to My Products and click on the entry for your NSv appliance.
- To get the License Keyset, first click the key icon.
- Enter the GUID into the dialog box and click Update. The License Keyset is displayed. This is a binary nrepresentation of all the service licenses activated on your NSv.
- Select the License Keyset and copy it to your clipboard.
- Log into your NSv appliance or return to that browser window if still logged in.
- Navigate to the MANAGE | Licenses page in SonicOS.
- Under Manual Upgrade, paste the License Keyset into the Enter keyset field.
- In the Serial Number and Authentication Code fields, enter the corresponding values you received after purchasing your NSv Series KVM virtual firewall.
- In the Registration Code field, enter the registration code you received when you did the initial registration in MySonicWall to obtain the NSv image file.
- Click APPLY to register the NSv and activate the licensed services.
- Click ACCEPT.
NOTE: Only an NSv which was registered online can be deregistered. If the NSv was registered using the offline method, deregistration is not supported.
TIP: For more information, please refer: SonicWall NSv Series Getting Started Guide