How to Re-Install The Junk Store
01/11/2022 76 People found this article helpful 198,432 Views
This article describes step by step process to Uninstall and reinstall the junk store.
To Uninstall the junk store :
- Access the server on which junk store is installed
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to where the Junk Store was installed to.
By default this location is "C:Program Files (x86) | SonicWallES" or "C:Program Files | SonicWallES" but you have the option to change this location during the installation.
- Backup the data folder (copy and paste to another location on the server where you have access to ) from "C:Program Files (x86) | SonicWallES" | data folder or "C:Program Files | SonicWallES | data folder"
- Open Programs and Features in Control Panel and uninstall Zulu Java and Junkstore
To Install the junk store:
- Disable User access control and also check in the below registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system change the EnableLUA option from 1 to 0
- Disable windows firewall until the installation is complete, after which you can just allow the ports used by the junk store service-TCP ports 10080,10443, 25 and 10025
- Enable DEP only for Essential windows programs
Go to This PC | right click | properties | advanced | Set Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only
- Download the junk store from your firewall
On Gen6 devices it's available under Manage | Security Configuration | Anti-spam service | Base setup | Download under SonicWall Junk Store Installer
On Gen7 Devices it's available under Policy | Antispam | settings | Download the junk store
- Run the above exe file as an administrator on a windows server, follow the installation steps shown on the wizard to complete the installation process
- If you would like to have the settings restored from the previous junk store, copy and paste the data folder under "C:Program Files (x86) | SonicWallES" or "C:Program Files | SonicWallES " that was backed up in Step 3 under "To Uninstall the junk store
- Give it a few minutes for all the services to start up and firewall to show junk store as operational
Was This Article Helpful?