How to overcome the limitation of 64 equipment IDs per profile when using End Point Control
06/16/2021 3 People found this article helpful 32,782 Views
Currently, the maximum number of equipment IDs that can be added to an EPC profile is 64. If you try to add more the following message will appear.
Some customers may need to add more than 64 devices. Creating a new profile with additional device IDs and including this profile inside the Allowed profiles for the global domain group will not work as both Allow profiles need to be fulfilled in order for the EPC check to succeed.
This KB article explains how to overcome this limitation by creating different groups of users and adding different EPC profiles to each of the groups.
In this case let us assume that we have already configured an Active Directory domain for the user authentication.
1. First of all, divide the users in 2 groups (e.g. Group_1, Group_2), containing a maximum of 64 users per group
2. Create these 2 groups in AD and add each of the users to its corresponding group.
3. Once the AD groups have been created, import those AD groups to the SRA by going to “Users” > “Local Groups” > “Add Group …” > name the group as “Group_1”, select the corresponding AD domain from the drop-down list and click on the checkbox “Associate with AD group “Group_1”".
4. Repeat the same procedure for the Group_2.
5. Create 2 EPC profiles (e.g. iOS_Group_1, iOS_Group_2) including the equipment IDs of the iOS mobile devices. To do this go to “End Point Control” > “Device Profiles” > “Add Device Profile” > Select the “Device profile type” as “iOS” > under the option “Edit attribute” select “Equipment ID” > type the Device identifier and click on “Add to current attribute”.
6. Add that profile inside the corresponding group by going to “Users” > “Local Groups” > click on the Edit button located on the right hand side of the “Group_1” > go to the “EPC” tab > click on “Add Allow Profiles” and add the “iOS_Group_1” profile.
7. Repeat the same procedure for the iOS_Group_2.
This procedure is also applicable to any other kind of profile when there is a limitation in the number of the attributes that can be added.