How To Make Google Drive Work with Client DPI-SSL (Windows Desktop)
03/26/2020 14 11823
Google Drive like many other such applications uses certificate pinning and due to this when SonicWall Client DPI-SSL is enabled, Google Drive will fail to connect.
Google Drive cannot be excluded from Client DPI-SSL due to the following reasons:
1. Google Drive CN is *.google.com and excluding this from Client DPI-SSL will also exclude other Google services like Gmail, YouTube.
2. Google Drive IP addresses are shared by other Google services and therefore excluding it would exclude other such services.
This article describes how to make Google Drive for Windows desktop work with SonicWall Client DPI-SSL.
- Exit Google Drive from the System Tray
- In the Command prompt, navigate to the Google Drive folder (32 bit - C:Program FilesGoogleDrive. 64 bit - C:Program Files (x86)GoogleDrive)
- Enter googledrivesync.exe --unsafe_network and press the Enter key.
Start Google Drive and it will sync with the server.
Note: Disabling this option will make the application accept a certificate signed by any CA thus making it vulnerable to Man-in-the-Middle attacks. Implement this workaround at your own risk.