How to know if you are running 32- bit or 64- bit OS with Email Security Virtual appliance?
03/26/2020 13 9045
How to know if you are running 32- bit or 64- bit OS with Email Security Virtual appliance
To know if you are running a 32- bit OS or a 64-bit OS on your Virtual appliance there is a CLI command for that.
To get to the CLI follow the steps as below:
- Download Putty from Internet.
- Login to putty giving you ip address of email security server and port 22.
- At the login prompt type “snwlcli”.
- Then type the admin username and password for the Web interface.
- You should get a “SNWLCLI:>” prompt.
- Type "iostat" in the command prompt:
- This will show the IO stats.
- _i686_ - means you are running a 32-bit OS.
- _x86_64_ means you are running 64-bit OS.
TIP: Tip : The other way of finding out the version is by navigating the URL to diag.html|System info page and look for OS, if it shows "amd64" which means it is a 64 bit VA and if it is "_i686_" which means it is an 32-bit appliance.