Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How to install or replace the storage module on NSa 2700
03/01/2021 0 416
This document provides instructions for installing/replacing a M.2 storage Module in your NSa 2700 network security appliance.
NSa Series with Module Compartment on the Bottom
To replace or install an M.2 module in the NSa appliance:
- Turn the NSa upside-down and remove any tamper-evident sticker from the module cover plate.
- Use a Phillips PH1 screwdriver to remove the module cover plate.
- If replacing an M.2 module, use a PH0 screwdriver to remove the inner screw, and then remove the module.
- Holding the new M.2 module label-side up and at an angle, insert the module contact pins into the module slot and press the module down, aligning the notch with the inner screw location.
- Hold the module down and insert the provided screw. Tighten it until snug with the PH0 screwdriver.
- Replace the cover plate and use the PH1 screwdriver to tighten the outer screw until snug.
- Power on the appliance and ensure that the new M.2 module is functioning correctly. Check the storage LED on the front panel and view M.2 module status in the DEVICE | Settings | Storage page.
- If using FIPS mode, place the tamper-evident sticker over the module cover plate and outer screw.