How to Force the McAfee AV to Download Complete Update Subsets
03/26/2020 1027 9539
You may want to download a complete new set of update files for the McAfee AV if you see any alerts relating to the McAfee Solution on the System | Monitoring Logs.
This can be caused by network issues, or by an incorrect update download file being pushed out to the ES Appliance.
- Open a SSH client. For example PUTTY
- Input snwlcli@ and the IP address of your SonicWall Email Security appliance, eg email@example.com
- At Login prompt, type the Admin Username, eg admin, and press enter (Note: In some cases when the Admin username is changed, login will fail. In this case please change it back to admin, by going to System | Administration page in the GUI)
- At Password prompt, type the same password that you use for the GUI login and press enter
- Now run the following command:
- Snwlcli> forcemcafeeupdate
Now please give the appliance time to complete the download of the .dat file, this can vary, depending on factors such as connection speed.