How to force speed on 10/5/2.5/1 GE link so that the link is enabled?
07/09/2021 0 1175
This article explains forcing speed on 10/5/2.5/1 Gigabit Ethernet links on the SonicWall NSSP 13700.
In scenarios where,one end ofadevice is already forced to aspecificlink speed and the other end is connected to the SonicWallwithauto-negotiateset on theinterfacemay not always help leading toalinkfailure situation.In such instances,it is necessary to force the link speedon the SonicWall end to match the link speedon the other end.
1. Login to the NSSP 13700 appliance.
2. Navigate to NETWORK | System | Interfaces | Interface Settings | IPv4 on the GUI.
3. Place the mouse pointer on the interface to be link forced and click on the Edit this interface icon.
4. The Edit Interface pop-up window for the respective interface is displayed.
5. Navigate to Advanced tab and Link Speed dropdown list.
6. Click on the Link Speed dropdown list and choose the one that is appropriate or required among 10 Gbps - Full Duplex, 5 Gbps - Full Duplex, 2.5 Gbps - Full Duplex and 1 Gbps - Full Duplex.