How to "Factory-Reset" Sonicwall Switches
04/23/2021 1 488
This article provides multiple ways to Factory-Reset Sonicwall switches.
1. You can always Hard Reset the switch Manually irrespective of how it's managed, by pressing the RESET button on the SWS front panel.
This can be ensured by pressing the reset button with a paper pin for 10 seconds, until all the ethernet switch port LEDs will flash green & amber once, followed by a switch reboot with Factory-default settings.
Note: Pressing the button less than 10 seconds (without All LEDs flashing once) will cause SWS reboot only (not booting with factory settings)
2. You can Factory-reset the switch from Console.
- Login to the switch console
- Execute the command: "restore-defaults"
- Select "Y" Yes
3. You can factory-reset from Switch GUI
- Login to switch GUI https://IP address ( if running on switch firmware 220.127.116.11-39 or above)
- Go to the Dashboard page and select the reset button.