How to download logs for SMTP Crash issue
03/26/2020 50 6106
This article walks through on downloading logs related to SMTP crash. When a device freezes , mail flow stops and only a reboot fixes it , you can immediately download the Technical Support package and SMTP logs from Email Security and provide it to the Technical Support team to troubleshoot the SMTP crash issue.
NOTE: This article applies to Email security software , Virtual Appliance and hardwares but NOT Hosted Email Security
Please follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Login into Email security device as Admin
- Step 1 : Screenshot of Alerts page
- Go to Manage | System Setup | Server | Monitoring | View Alerts and Take a screenshot of the alerts page
NOTE: The alerts page will contain alerts as " The SonicWALL Email Security Gateway is not responding to SMTP test".
- Step 2 : Making sure the log level is in "DEBUG"
- Step 3 : Downloading Logs
NOTE: If the navigation or the screenshot looks different from the one mentioned above , you may be in an older firmware version and would require a firmware upgrade. Please refer the link below to upgrade the firmware to latest version.