How to downgrade firmware on an Email Security appliance
09/18/2020 2 842
This article describes how to downgrade firmware on an Email Security Appliance.
NOTE: On-premise customers are strongly recommended to backup the configuration before upgrading or downgrading software.
To download the firmware, Follow the steps below:
- Login to your Mysonicwall.com account.
- Click on Product Management | My Products
- Select the Email Security Appliance on the left you will see the firmware icon click on it to download firmware.
- Under Search results you will find the firmware 10.0.7 ( If you do not see the firmware, click on the bottom all firmware you sill see all firmwares)
- Once the file is downloaded, login to the Email Security web interface as admin
- Click on Manage | firmware update | upload patch browse to the downloaded file and click Apply Patch.
NOTE: The update would take about 10-15 minutes and once the update is done it will reboot the appliance. Mail flow will be stopped while the update is done so schedule about 30 minute downtime to run the downgrade.
NOTE: Doing this downgrade does not overwrite any of the settings and retains all data, please take a backup of settings before you do the downgrade.
The following link will help you in backing up settings.