How to Create URI List Objects/Groups on SonicOSX 7.0?
08/28/2020 0 2835
A URI List Object defines a list of URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers), domains or keywords. You can export a URI list to an external file or import a file into a URI list.
These lists are highly useful when you are trying to add security policies to allow/block certain websites, URIs or keywords.
URI Lists can be of one of these three types:
EXAMPLE: yahoo.com, youtube.com, mail.google.com
EXAMPLE: news.example.com/path, news.example.com/path/abc.txt
EXAMPLE: sports, news
These list types are segregated for faster lookup. It's best to have them as separate URI List objects that can be added to a group if they need to be allowed or blocked in a specific Security Policy.
To create a URI List object:
- Navigate to Object | Match Objects | URI Lists | URI List Objects tab and Click Add.
- Give it a relevant name and then select Domain, URI or Keyword in the Type dropdown menu.
- Click Add to add all the necessary entries one by one.
- You can also choose to import these domains, URIs or keywords from a text file using the Import button.
- Once all entries are added, click Save.
To create a URI List group
- Navigate to the Object | Match Objects | URI Lists | URI List Groups tab and click Add.
- Choose a relevant name for your group and add all your previously created lists to the right-hand column using the right arrow button. Click Save.
The URI List Objects and Groups can be directly added from the security policy as shown below.
- Navigate to the Policy | Rules and Policies | Security policy tab and choose Edit or Add a New Security Policy. The URI List option on the App/URL/Custom Match tab gives you an option to add both of these directly.