How to create static ARP entry on SonicWall Switch ?
06/10/2020 0 1883
To switch frames between LAN ports efficiently, the switch maintains an address table. When the switch receives a frame, it associates the media access control (MAC) address of the sending network device with the LAN port on which it was received.
The switch dynamically builds the address table by using the MAC source address of the frames received. When the switch receives a frame for a MAC destination address not listed in its address table, it floods the frame to all LAN ports of the same VLAN except the port that received the frame. When the destination station replies, the switch adds its relevant MAC source address and port ID to the address table. The switch then forwards subsequent frames to a single LAN port without flooding all LAN ports.
We can enter a MAC address, which is termed a static MAC address, into the table. These static MAC entries are retained even after switch is rebooting.
- Navigate to Manage|Switch Controller|Switches and select ARP.
- Click Add Static MAC Address, dialog box opens.
- Port - Select the port from the Switch that is connected to the that machine.
- VLAN ID: Select the VLAN ID that needs to be tagged
- MAC Address: Enter the MAC address of the End point machine.
- Click OK