How to Create DoS Policy on SonicOSX 7.0?
08/28/2020 0 2785
This workflow unifies flood protection and connection limiting control through DoS rule settings, using source, destination as well as service objects, and action profiles into a single DoS rule. DoS policy rules define the ways you can protect your network against the following Denial of Service attacks:
- UDP flood, ICMP flood, TCP SYN flood
- Spank, Smurf, Land Attack Protection
To configure a DoS Policy:
- Navigate to the Policy | Rules and Policies | DoS Policy tab and click on Top or Bottom at the bottom of the page.
- Give it a relevant name, you can use the following as a match criteria:
- IP Type - IPv4/IPv6
- Source Address
- Destination Address
- From here, you can use the Default DoS Action Profile as an Action or you can add a new one using the Pencil icon.
- The following can be set in the Action Profile:
- Flood protection: TCP Floods like SYN Flood, RST Floods, UDP Flood, and ICMP Flood protection settings
- DDoS protection
- Attack protection: Spank, Smurf, Land Attack Protection
- Connection Limiting
Click Save on the Action profile once the desired changes have been made.
- The Action on the DoS Policy itself can be Protect or Bypass.
- Make sure that the DoS Policy status is enabled and click Add.
Using the Up/Down arrows in the bottom toolbar of the Policy | Rules and Policies | DoS Policy page, you can change the priority order of the DoS Policies you create directly on the DoS Policy table. Select the checkbox next to the policy you would like to move and click Move to direct it to where you'd like it to go. You can also reposition policies by dragging and dropping.