How to create Bookmarks for specific users for the SSLVPN
03/26/2020 1394 15610
With user bookmarks, a link to the network resources or shares can be displayed on the SSL VPN portal page for either individual users or user groups. It is possible to create Bookmarks for SSL VPN users. You can also apply the bookmarks to the Active directory User/User Groups if you have LDAP integrated with the SonicWall.
Applying the Bookmarks based on a User:
- Navigate to Users | Local Users
- Click on Add User as shown in the screen below:
- Click on the Groups tab and select the user to be a Member of SSLVPN Services from User Groups
- Click on the VPN Access tab and select the subnet (address) to which you want to give access to the client.
- Before navigating to the Bookmark tab, click on OK to save the settings.
- Once the settings are saved, Re-configure the user and navigate to the Bookmark tab and configure the bookmark as shown below.
- Under Bookmark Name give a name to the Bookmark (eg: Terminal Service)
- Under Name or IP Address enter the host name or the IP address of the system (eg: 192.168.168.200)
- Under Service select the service applicable for the bookmark (eg: Terminal Services (RDP5-Java))
- Click OK to save the settings.
Applying the bookmarks based on User groups:
In the previous step we applied Bookmarks based on an individual user. In this scenario we will see how to apply the based on user groups so the bookmark(s) created applies to all the users belonging to that group. The group can be either locally created or imported from LDAP.
- Navigate to Users | Local Groups.
- Click on Add Group if you are locally creating a group or click on import from LDAP if you have the active directory synchronized.
- Similar procedure as in adding bookmark to the user is followed to add the Bookmark to the Group as well.
Once the user authenticates in the SSL VPN portal, the book mark should be available to the user to connect to the terminal server
After the login is successful the screen above will be shown with the Bookmark created for the user. Click on the bookmark and it will help in establishing the remote desktop connection to the server.