How to configure Global VPN Client (GVC) on SonicOSX 7.0 being hosted in Azure or AWS
05/27/2021 4 1180
Global VPN Client (GVC) is a method of allowing Remote Users to connect to the SonicWall and access internal network resources.
Configure WAN Group VPN on the SonicWall
- Login to the SonicWall management GUI.
- Click Network in the top navigation menu.
- Navigate to IPSec VPN | Rules and Settings.
- Ensure that the Toggle switches for Enable VPN and the WAN GroupVPN are enabled.
5. Click configure icon for the WAN GroupVPN entry. The VPN Policy window is displayed.
6. In the General tab, IKE using Preshared Secret is the default setting for Authentication Method.
7. Click Proposals tab, use the default settings or choose the desired Encryption and Authentication options for Phase 1 and Phase 2 proposals.
8. Click Advanced tab an notice the options detailed in the image below.
9. Click Client tab, select the following settings in the image below.
10.Click Save to save these settings and close the window.
Configure User Accounts.
- Navigate to Device | Users | Local Users & Groups. Click Add User.
- Under the Ssettings tab enter the desired Name and Password.
3. On the Groups Tab ensure the user is a member of Trusted Users.
4. On to VPN Access tab , select the Address ObjectsorAddress Groups that the user needs access to and add to the user's access list.
5. Click Save.
POST INSTALLATION of Global VPN client Software , VPN Adapter gets created . Right Click to change the ip address from DHCP to Static .
NOTE: This does not have to be a range and can be configured as a Host or Network as well. To avoid IP Spoof errors and routing issues, we recommend to use a subnet which is not configured anywhere else on the SonicWall.