How to configure Email Address Objects?
05/28/2020 0 1359
Email address objects can be created to be used with App Rules policies when the Policy Type is SMTP Client. An email address object can be a list of users or an entire domain.
App rule allows the creation of custom email address lists as email address objects. You can only use email address objects with App Rules policies when the Policy Type is SMTP Client. Email address objects can represent individual users or the entire domain. You can also create an email address object that represents a group by adding a list of individual addresses to the object. This provides a way to easily include or exclude a group of users when creating an App Rules policy of type SMTP client.
To configure email address object settings:
- In the MANAGE view, navigate to Policies | Objects | Email Address Objects.
- At the top of the page above the table, click Add. The Add/Edit E-mail Addr Object dialog displays.
- Enter a descriptive name for the email address object in the Email User Object Name field.
- For Match Type, select one of:
- Exact Match – To exactly match the email address that you provide.
- Partial Match – To match any part of the email address.
- Regex Match – To use a regular expression to match the email address.
- In the Content field, enter the content to match:
- Manually, by:
- Typing the content.
- Clicking ADD.
- Repeat Step a and Step b until you have added as many elements as you want.
EXAMPLE: To match on a domain, select Partial Match in the previous step and then type @ followed by the domain name in the Content field, for example, type: @sonicwall.com. To match on an individual user, select Exact Match in the previous step and then type the full email address in the Content field.
Importing a list of elements from a text file by clicking LOAD FROM FILE. Each element in the file must be on a line by itself.By defining an email address object with a list of users, you can use App Rules to simulate groups
- Click OK.
Using the Email Address Object in App rule:
After you define the email address object, you can create an SMTP client policy that includes or excludes the object.
- You can navigate to Manage | Rules | App rules to configure the App rule. In the image below, the settings include the ‘UserEmail’ from a policy that prevents executable files from being attached to outgoing email. You can use the email address object in either the MAIL FROM or RCPT TO fields of the SMTP client policy. The MAIL FROM field refers to the sender of the email. The RCPT TO field refers to the intended recipient.