How to Co-Terminate Services
07/28/2020 5 1081
A Co-Termination of services adjusts all selected services to expire on the same date. This can be performed for both a single device or a group of devices.
You have the option of performing a co-termination of services any time the licenses on a Serial Number are not set to expire on the same date. This can occur in multiple different ways. Listed below are the most common:
- A Secure Upgrade was completed from a device licensed with CGSS to a device licensed with AGSS. This will cause the Capture Advanced Threat Protection to have a different expiration date from the rest of the CGSS licenses.
- A single license was extended that was part of a bundle. Example: If you purchased a 1 year license for 24x7 support but the device still had an active CGSS bundle.
You also have the option to co-terminate services across multiple Serial Numbers as long as each of the Serial Numbers are registered under the same account. This is useful if you wish to set a group of devices to expire on the same date.
- To start the Co-Termination process you will need to log in to the mysonicwall.com account the serial number(s) in question is registered to.
- Once logged in you will go to Product Management and then Service Cotermination.
- This will take you to the Service Co-termination tab and will list all serial numbers that are not End of Life as follows.
- You have the option of narrowing this list using the magnifying glass to search by Friendly Name, Serial Number, or Model type. For this demonstration I will be searching for "NSv".
- Once you locate the serial number(s) you wish to adjust, select the check box next to each service you wish to co-terminate. If you are updating licenses that are part of a bundle such as CGSS or AGSS, please ensure ALL services are selected.
- Once services have been selected you'll see an icon that looks like a stack of books or files pop up on the top right. (Please see above screenshot). By clicking this icon you will be taken to a page that will show you the current expiration date and the new expiration date after the co-term completes as follows.
- Make sure to check the "I agree to the terms and conditions" field once you have verified that the licenses you are looking to update and serial number(s) are correct, and hit "Complete". This will take you to a new page which will provide you an Order ID for the Co-termination request as follows.
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes for the licenses to update before attempting to synchronize licenses on the device interface. If the licenses still fail to update after 30 minutes, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-793-2830. You will need to have the serial number(s) you co-terminated or the Order ID for the recent Co-termination when calling in.