Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How to clear Cache on Analyzer or GMS when getting Java errors
03/26/2020 1016 12813
When logging into Analyzer the issue presents itself in the following way: Login and getting flash of a screen then it goes straight to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html
Step 1. Clearing Tomcat Cache
On Analyzer or GMS web interface you can clear Tomcat WebServer Cache as shown below.
- Log into the Analyzer/GMS via the http://<analyzer|gms_ip>/appliance/applianceMainPage then remove the applianceMainPage and add techSupport.html.
Page shown below will display:
Step 2. Deleting Temporary Files through the Java Control Panel
- 1. In the Java Control Panel, under the General tab, click Settings under the Temporary Internet Files section.
The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
- Click Delete Files on the Temporary Files Settings dialog. The Delete Files and Applications dialog box appears.
- Click OK on the Delete Files and Applications dialog. This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
- Click OK on the Temporary Files Settings dialog. If you want to delete a specific application and applet from the cache, click on View Application and View Applet options respectively.
Step 3. Try to login to Analyzer / GMS - it should work.
Note: Sometimes Uninstalling all Java versions from system and installing it once again is necessary to make it work (especially when there are more than one java version installed in the system).