How to change the password for SonicWall switch?
06/09/2020 0 1850
This article shows how the password can be changes for SonicWall switch from firewall UI.
By default, the username/password on the SonicWall switch is admin/password respectively. When the switch is provisioned using auto-discovery, it uses those default values. Once the switch is in a connected state, the password for the switch can be updated from the UI.
No changes will be updated to the switch until the switch is in a connected state.
To change the password of the switch:
- Navigate to MANAGE | System Setup | Switch Controller and Overview tab.
- You can perform this action from Physical or VLAN view tabs.
- Click on the three dots next to the switch and select the Edit switch option.
- You can use the Show Password option to see the current password. Update the password and confirm password options to the new password that you would like to use.
- The status at the bottom of the page shows that the configuration has been updated.
- Once this configuration is changed, you would need to use the updated password even while logging in directly to the switch UI.
You can change the password for the switch directly from the switch UI as below.
- Connect a computer directly to a switch port and assign static IP if necessary and access the switch management console.
- Log in to the switch management console and navigate to System | User Management and click on Configure to change the password.
CAUTION: Once the Switch is provisioned and fully integrated with the SonicWall firewall, it is not advisable to make any changes directly on the switch UI.