How to block Yahoo Mail using App Control Advanced
03/26/2020 21 12320
Application Control provides a solution for setting policy based rules for application signatures. Application Control policies include global App Control policies, and App Rules policies that are more targeted. As a set of application-specific policies, Application Control gives you granular control over network traffic on the level of users, email users, schedules, and IP-subnets. The primary functionality of this application-layer access control feature is to regulate Web browsing, file transfer, email, and email attachments.
This article describes the method to block yahoo mail using the Application control advanced feature.
Video Tutorial: Click here for the video tutorial of this topic
Enable the App Control Advanced feature:
1. Navigate to Firewall | App Control Advanced page.
2.Enable App Control by clicking on the check box 'Enable App Control' and Click on Accept.
Select and Block Yahoo! Mail Application from the Webmail Category:
1. Click on the Category Drop down box and select the category as 'WEBMAIL'
2. From the Application Dropdown box, Select Yahoo! Mail.
3. Click on the edit icon right next to 'Application' Drop down box.
4. Set the Block and Log options to Enable.
5. Select Include/Exclude User Groups/ IP addresses based on your preferences.
6. Create a schedule for blocking Yahoo Mail using the Schedule option, as required.
Enable App Control on the Zones required:
1. Navigate to Network > Zones
2. Edit the LAN Zone and check the Enable App Control Service checkbox to apply the App Control to the devices on the LAN Zone.
- At this point Yahoo! Mail should be blocked for the LAN zone.
- The logs will appear as shown in the screenshot below: