How to block Google Plus (plus.google.com) DNS queries using Application Firewall
03/26/2020 3 9424
This article describes how to block DNS queries for Google Plus (plus.google.com) using Application Firewall.
- Login to the SonicWall Management GUI
- Navigate to the Firewall > Match Objects page ( In older SonicOS firmware this page would be under Application Firewall > Match Objects)
- Click on Add New Match Object to open the Add/Edit Match Object window.
- Enter the following information and click on OK
- Navigate to the Firewall > App Rules page.
- Click on the Add New Policy button to open the Edit App Control Policy window.
- Enter the following information and click on OK.
- Enable the check-box Enable App Rules.
From a host behind the SonicWall try to access plus.google.com after flushing the DNS cache of the PC and you will get the following error in the web-browser. If the host is pointed to an internal DNS server, then flush the DNS cache of the server.
The following message will be logged in the SonicWall under Log > View