How to block Flickr using app control advanced
03/26/2020 6 10617
This is a scenario based article of the SonicWall App Control Advanced feature. In this scenario we describe how to block Flickr.
- Login to the SonicWall Mangement GUI.
- Navigate to the Firewall > App Control Advanced page. (In Gen5 TZ devices this page is under Security Services > App Control)
- Check the box under Enable App Control and click on the Accept button at the top to enable App Control.
- Under App Control Advanced > View Style, select MULTIMEDIA under Category;
- On the application drop down choose Flickr
- Click on Configure icon next to the application drop down box.
- In the Edit App Control App Settings window, select Enable under the Block and Log fields.
- Click on OK to save.
Once we click on OK,we should be able to see block and log categories enabled
How to Test :
From a host behind the SonicWall, login to www.flickr.com using either HTTP or HTTPS. You will get a "The connection was reset" page and the following messages will be logged in the SonicWall: