How to backup/restore the configuration and data from GMS/Analyzer (Windows)
03/26/2020 1,249 People found this article helpful 105,405 Views
This section article helps you with the creation of snapshots of configuration and data on your system.
NOTE: a minimum of 10GB of free disk space is required to perform a backup/restore operation. Navigate to the System | Status page to verify available disk space.
How to create a Backup Snapshot:
- Login to the system interface of the Analyzer. (http://127.0.0.1/appliance/applianceMainPage)
- Navigate to System | Backup/Restore. Click on Backup Now.
Select "Basic or Application or Complete" based on your requirement and Click OK
- Basic contains "Configuration Files & Add Unit.xml files"
- Application contains "Configuration Files, Add Unit.xml files, Database & Settings"
- Complete contains "Configuration Files, Add Unit.xml files, Database & Settings and Reporting Database"
A zipped folder will be downloaded, that's the backup Snapshot.
Here's how to Restore from a Backup Snapshot:
NOTE: Application and Complete backups can only be restored to the same version they were generated from.
- Login to the system interface of GMS or Analyzer.
- Navigate to System | Backup/Restore. Click on Browse
- Browse and select the Backup Snapshot file, once the file is selected click on Restore Now
- Select the required files and click Ok, by default all the options available are selected for restore.
- The Restore will take few minutes depending on the size of the backup.
- A reboot is required after restoring files.
- After successful reboot, the configuration and database from the backup will be applied to GMS/Analyzer.
- If the restoration is supposed to be done on a different server, while creating the Database, the username & password should be the same as used on the old server.
Was This Article Helpful?