How to allow Facebook access only during lunch hours using App Control Advanced
03/26/2020 24 11837
How to allow facebook access only during lunch hours using App Control Advanced
Create a Schedule for Lunch Hours:
- Navigate to System | Schedules
- Click on Add
- Provide a Schedule Name and configure the Schedule as per the screenshot below
NOTE: In this scenario, we are scheduling facebook access only during lunch hours. The days and the timings can be set as per your requirement.
In the above screenshot, two schedules are created in the schedule list, One is from 00:00 hours to 12 noon and the other schedule is from 13:30 hours to 24:00 hours and the same rule will be applying from Monday through Friday.
Block Facebook using App Control Advanced and apply the Schedule:
- Navigate to Firewall | App Control Advanced
- Set the category to Social Networking
- In the Application drop down menu, Select Facebook.
- Click on the icon next to facebook and set the Block to Enable and Log to Enable.
- In the Schedule drop down menu, Select Facebook for Lunch and click on OK to save the settings.
Enable App Control on the Zones required:
- Navigate to Network | Zones
- Edit the Zone Required and check the Enable App Control Service option to apply the App Control to the devices on that Zone.
- At this point Facebook should be allowed only during Lunch Hours (12:00 to 13:30 hours)