How to add SonicWall firewalls to Analyzer
03/26/2020 1547 16673
Adding SonicWall Appliances to SonicWall Analyzer
NOTE: SonicWall Analyzer checks with the SonicWall licensing server when you add an appliance, so it is important that Analyzer has Internet access to the server. SonicWalll Analyzer can communicate with SonicWall appliances through HTTP or HTTPS.
See Also: How to set the correct logging level for the device added to GMS/Analyzer. https://support.sonicwall.com/kb/sw13406
Adding SonicWall Appliances
To add a SonicWall appliance using the SonicWall Analyzer management interface, follow these steps:
1. Click the appliance tab that corresponds to the type of appliance that you want to add: Firewall, SRA, or CDP.
2. Right-click in the left pane (TreeControl pane) of the SonicWall Analyzer management interface and select Add Unit. The Add Unit dialog box appears.
3. Enter a descriptive name for the SonicWall appliance in the Unit Name field.
Note: Do not enter the single quote character ( ) in the Unit Name field.
4. Enter the serial number of the SonicWall appliance in the Serial Number field.
5. Enter the IP address of the SonicWall appliance in the IP Address field. For Aventail SRA, click the Aventail SSL-VPN appliance checkbox.
6. Enter the administrator login name for the SonicWall appliance in the Login Name field.
7. Enter the password used to access the SonicWall appliance in the Password field.
8. For Access Mode, select from the following:
If the SonicWall appliance will be connected over HTTP, select Use Insecure login (HTTP).
If the SonicWall appliance will be connected over HTTPS, select Use Secure login (HTTPS).
9. Enter the port used to connect to the SonicWall appliance in the HTTP(S) Port field (default ports are HTTP: 80; HTTPS: 443).
10. Click OK. The new SonicWall appliance appears in the SonicWall Analyzer management interface. It will have a yellow icon that indicates it has not yet been successfully acquired.
SonicWall Analyzer will then attempt to set up an HTTP or HTTPS connection to access the appliance. Analyzer then reads the appliance configuration and acquires the SonicWall appliance for reporting. This will take a few minutes.After the SonicWall appliance is successfully acquired, its icon turns blue, its configuration settings are displayed at the unit level, and its settings are saved to the database.
Modifying SonicWall Appliances
If you make a mistake or need to change the settings of an added SonicWall appliance, you can manually modify its settings or how it is managed.
To modify a SonicWall appliance, perform the following steps:
1. Right-click the appliance name in the left pane of the SonicWall Analyzer UI and select Modify Unit from the pop-up menu. The Modify Unit dialog box appears.
2. The Modify Unit dialog box contains the same options as the Add Unit dialog box. For descriptions of the fields,
3. When you have finished modifying options, click OK. The SonicWall appliance settings are modified.
Deleting SonicWall Appliances from Analyzer:
To delete a SonicWall appliance from SonicWall Analyzer, perform the following steps:
1. Right-click on a SonicWall appliance in the left pane and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
2. In the warning message that displays, click Yes. The SonicWall appliance is deleted from SonicWall Analyzer.
Note: Deleting unit will cause all reports for this unit to disappear.
Note: After the deleting the SonicWall appliance from SonicWall GMS, unprovision the unit as a best practice. To unprovision the unit, log in to the SonicWall appliance and disable SonicWall GMS management to avoid sending unnecessary syslogs to the SonicWall GMS host.