How to add a user in NSM?
06/08/2022 2 People found this article helpful 12,787 Views
This article covers how to add a user in Capture Security Center.
The following steps need to be performed:
1. NSM admin will add a new User to the NSM User Group.
2. The New User will Register/Sign Up for Mysonicwall.
3. NSM admin user will assign the roles/permissions as needed.
4. Login as new user to NSM.
1. Login to main NSM admin account(Super Admin) via https://cloud.sonicwall.com
- Choose appropriate Tenant and choose MySonicWall tile.
b. Navigate to Resources & Support | My Groups, it will list out the NSM User group.
c. Select the appropriate NSM User Group, and click the +Add User to add the New User to this group.
d. If you have an already existing user under this user group, you can select the same. If not, then Click on Invite User.
e. You will be prompted to Enter the Contact Type and Email address of the new user. Set the Contact Type to Reseller/Customer and click on Invite.
f. Logout of NSM.
2. An email will be sent to the new user's email account for Account Registration with an option to Activate Your Account.
- Click on Activate Your Account from the email, new user will be prompted to sign up for MySonicWall. Complete the Sign Up process for the new account.
b. Login to NSM via https://cloud.sonicwall.com as this newly assigned user.
c. You will receive a notification email stating your account has been added to the respective NSM User Account.
d. Select the Network Security Manager tile for new Tenant group. Note - This should not work and take back to main curtain screen.
e. An email will be sent to NSM admin noting a Guest User has been added.
f. Logout of NSM.
3. Login to main NSM admin account via https://cloud.sonicwall.com
- Choose appropriate Tenant group and choose Network Security Manager Tile.
- Once logged into NSM with NSM Admin Account, under Manager View, navigate to CSC Users.
- Under Users – should see newly added User.
- Click on the Down Arrow to switch to main curtain screen, select MySonicWall Tile.Navigate to My Workspace | User groups.
- Click on the Respective NSM User Group and you will see a pop up. Select Permissions and click on the check box "Access to CSC" to set the roles for this user group.
- To set the User Roles/Permissions follow KB How To Change Roles/Permissions For Users In NSM
- Logout of NSM.
4. Once Permission and Roles are set, New User can login to NSM via https://cloud.sonicwall.com
- Select appropriate Tenant Group
- Select Network Security Manager Tile to access NSM as the new user.