Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How Spike License Works On SMA 1000 Series Appliance using the Stackable License Model
03/26/2020 24 10547
To apply a Spike license please first download the license file via mysonicwall.com. To download the file please perform the following:
- Login to mysonicwall.com and click Product Management | My Products.
- Click the SMA serial number:
- Next, click Manual Upgrade | Add keyset to your product | 10.5 or later (Spike) | Submit:
Apply the Spike license to your SMA appliance by performing the following:
- Login to the AMC console.
- Navigate to System Configuration | General Settings | Licensing | Edit | Import License.
- Click Browse and upload the *.lic file.
- Click Upload
Active, Pause and Resume Spike license in AMC console:
Under General Settings | Licensing you will see the available Spike license. From here you will be able to activate, pause, or resume the Spike license.
Note: If the Spike license is activated and then paused it will consume one day of service.