How do I use HTML5 RDP bookmarks in SMA 1000 systems?
03/26/2020 8 13013
1. Create a hostname or IP based Resource pointing to a back-end RDP machine
2. Add a Graphical Terminal Shortcut in AMC to include that RDP resource
3. Under Advanced options for that Graphical Terminal Shortcut select "Windows terminal Services" and "Use Browser based RDP client"
4. Under Workplace and Appearance open the layout your clients will see
5. Confirm the shortcut appears in the layout.
Login with a browser. You will see the shortcut you added.
With HTML5 you can only use browser based RDP. HTML5 based RDP has limitations.
However if you allow users to change the shortcut setting in Workplace they can chose to use the native client.
Workplace will offer to install SonicWall Secure Endpoint Manager (SEM). This does not require admin privileges to install. Users should allow SEM to install and when they open the RDP shortcut they will be prompted to enable agents. With SEM installed and agents enabled, the Windows native RDP client is used for the RDP session with full RDP features and capabilities.