How do I upgrade firmware on an Email Security appliance?
05/24/2021 1298 18447
This article describes how to upgrade firmware on an Email Security appliance.
To download the Email Security firmware please perform the following:
1. Login to your MySonicWall.com account.
2. Navigate to Resources & Support| Download Center.
3. Under the Software Type drop down menu select the Email Security appliance.
NOTE: In most situations downloading the General release firmware is recommended. Download the release notes to learn more about new features or resolved issues.
CAUTION: Before upgrading the firmware to the latest firmware version, make sure you do not miss upgrading any intermediate firmware versions. Please refer to the link below to follow the upgrade path.
4. Under Search results you will find the desired firmware (if you don't see the firmware, click on additional firmware link in the bottom and you will find all firmware versions).
5. Once the file is downloaded, login to the Email Security's web interface as admin.
6. Click Manage | Firmware update | Upload Patch, browse to the downloaded file and click Apply Patch.
NOTE: The update would take about 10-15 mins and once the update is done it will reboot the appliance. Mail flow will be stopped while the update is done so schedule about 30 mins of downtime to run the upgrade.
NOTE: Upgrade does not overwrite any of the settings and retains all your data, please take backup of your settings before you do the upgrade.