How do I SSH into a SonicWall NSv instance hosted in Azure?
03/26/2020 4 8260
This article describes how to enable SSH management for a SonicWall NSv instance hosted in Azure.
1. Log in to Azure
2. Reset the SSH Password
- The SSH username is set to management by default. This is the user name for accessing the NSv console using SSH. This is not the NSv administrator user name but is a user name created as part of an NSv Azure deployment.
- Click on Reset password.
3. Connecting to the console with SSH:
- SSH is used to connect to the virtual console of an NSv deployed in Azure.
- Launch Putty and type the public IP address of the NSv in Azure.
- Username is management and default password is password.
- At the Password prompt, type in the SSH management password you defined during deployment or the Reset password.
- You can switch to the black SSH console window by pressing Ctrl+S and then the spacebar.
- If you are prompted to log in at the User prompt, enter the SonicOS administrator credentials (default: admin /password).