How do I send an email message as an attachment?
12/20/2019 1142 13512
When a message is forwarded, the original message headers are overwritten but troubleshooting requires the original message headers be analyzed. This article details steps for sending an email message as an attachment to keep the original headers intact.
1. Select the message that will be saved.
2. Double click the message to open it outside of Outlook's reading pane.
3. Click File in the upper left corner.
4. Select Save As.
5. Select the location in which the file will be saved. It is recommended to leave the default File name and Save as type.
6. Go to the folder where the message was saved, find the file, and right click on it. Hover the mouse pointer over Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder from the fly out menu.
7. Name the compressed folder and press Enter.
8. Go back to Outlook and click New Email. In the new message, click Attach File
9. If the compressed file appears in the drop down, simply select it. If not, click Browse This PC and navigate to the folder in which it was saved in step 7.
NOTE: The 'Z' in the icon next to the file name is the indicator that this is the compressed folder.
10. The file is now added to the email as an attachment and is ready to be sent to Support.