Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How do I replace a primary High Availability (HA) unit?
03/26/2020 106 12933
This articles covers how to replace a primary SonicWall within a high availability pair.
The following steps should be carried out to replace the Primary:
- Export settings from Secondary Device with HA enabled. (Archive these settings)
- Disable HA and export the settings again. (These are to be imported into replacement Primary)
- Ensure that Primary is on the same firmware version as Secondary
- Connect to the Primary via the default address 192.168.168.168 and import the settings from Secondary (that have HA turned off). Ensure that this is not connected to the network.
- Make sure that HA is disabled on both devices.
- Power down the Primary device
- Connect all cables, including data link cable, to the Primary.
- Power down the Secondary device
- Power on Primary device
- Enable HA on the Primary device
- Power on the Secondary device
- Synchronize Settings from Primary
- Ensure that the Secondary is in Standby Mode and all the settings are correct on Primary