How do I get a different keyboard layout for Virtual Office Bookmarks?
03/26/2020 19 5882
In previous SonicOS releases, VNC, RDP, SSH and Telnet clients were implemented as Java or ActiveX plug-ins. SonicOS 6.5 implements these clients using HTML5, which is more convenient, secure and compatible.
However, this change has an impact on european keyboard layouts (Spanish, German, Italian, French, etc.) which may not work as expected. An enhacement was added on 220.127.116.11 and later firmware releases to help using these layouts.
CAUTION: The enhancement currently works on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer only.
Assuming the PC and the remote server are set using a German Keyboard:
- Connect to the server through the Virtual Office Bookmark.
- Make sure your keyboard and the server's keyboard is set to German.
- Try to type the 3 characters next to L: you should get "öä#" but you get a different output.
NOTE: This KB article can be applied to many other European languages (Danish, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Luxembourgish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish).
- Open your server using a RDP Bookmark through the Virtual Office (make sure you use Chrome, Edge or IE)
- At the top of the screen you should see the SonicWall's symbol with EN next to it: Click on EN.
- You will see a list of languages now. Select the one you wish to use:
- Now make sure that your PC, the RDP client and the plugin language are set to your desired language:
- Try to type the 3 characters next to L now, they should show the correct output (i.e. "öä#" for German keyboard, "òàù" for Italian keyboard and so on)