How do I deploy CMS on Amazon Web Service (AWS)?
03/26/2020 8 7126
This article covers how to deploy SonicWall's Secure Mobile Access (SMA) Central Management Server (CMS) via Amazon AWS.
NOTE: SMA firmware version 12.2 and later support deployment of CMS on Cloud. This deployment is similar to the deployments on HyperV and VMware Esxi.
Once your account has been granted access to the AMI you are ready to create an ‘instance’ of the CMS.
This is done in the ‘EC2’ service (‘Services’ menu, then select ‘EC2’ under the ‘Compute’ heading.
Procedure to deploy CMS on AWS:
- Create an AWS account. Note: Users have to comply with policies and procedures required by * https://aws,amazon.com. for moving further in deployments.
- User's planning to deploy CMS on one of the datacenters provided by *Amazon
Northern California (us-west-1)
Northern Virginia (us-east-1)
EU Paris (eu-west-3)
EU Ireland (eu-west-1)
- Your account ID should have access to CMS AMI. If you do not have access please contact SonicWall Sales for having access granted.
- Once logged into AWS and your account has been granted access to the CMS AMI you are ready to create an ‘instance’ of CMS.
- Navigate to Services | Compute | EC2
- Click Launch Instance
- Search for CMS and click My AMIs. Click Shared with me. Choose the AMI to launch = SonicWall CMS 12.2.0-<build number>
- Choose the Instance Type of T2 Micro/Medium/Large.
- Click Configure Instance Details | Advanced Details | User Data: Type the CMS console password that you will use.
- Configure Security Group. You need to specify ports to open. Check if there is a shared group that you can use. Otherwise create a Security Group with the following and select it: (Security Note - This is will allow access from any Source Address)
Ports Recommended for access to CMS are:
- SSH 22/tcp
- Custom 8443/tcp
- HTTPS 443/tcp
- Launch the AMI (Choosing Private Key file is more secure)
- Wait for the instance to start running and to proceed for configuration
- You should be able to log in to the console of the launched instance using the IP address of the instance and port number https://<CMS IP Address>:8443 using the password you specified in Step 9.