How Do I Create Server OS specific Dynamic Group rule?
03/26/2020 1 7076
This Article Explains on how to create Dynamic Group rules specific to Server OS.
With Capture Client 2.0 administrators have an ability to distinguish between Windows and Windows Server under the category of "OS type" while creating Dynamic Group rule. This feature adds the ability to create a rule that distinguishes the difference between "Windows" and "Windows Server" OS type.
This feature will help Administrators to have a separate or dedicated Capture Client policy for Windows Server as Server OS environments and use cases are very different than Windows.
Follow the Instructions provided here to create a Server OS specific Dynamic rule.
- Login to https://captureclient.sonicwall.com and navigate to Protection>Devices >select Dynamic Groups tab and click Create Group icon (small + icon)
2. Type in desired group name, select Assignment mode and click on next.
3. Click on Add Rule, select Servers as parameter and click on Next.
4. Choose any one of the Assignment mode based on your requirements and click on Finish.
5. Navigate to Protection>Devices and dynamic Groups to verify the Group has been added successfully.