How do I change the time via CLI on an Email Security appliance?
12/20/2019 1035 9463
If the time on the Email Security is not correct and if you are trying to change the time from the GUI (System | Host Configuration, “Set Date and Time”) and time does not get changed even after restarting the service, then change the time from the CLI (command line).
Please follow the below procedure to change the time from the CLI
1) Open a SSH client. For example PUTTY
2) At the prompt type snwlcli
3) If accessed within another established shell terminal, input snwlcli@ and the IP address of your SonicWall Email Security appliance, eg email@example.com
4) At Login prompt, type the Admin Username, eg admin, and press enter (Note: In some cases when the Admin username is changed, login will fail. In this case please change it back to admin, by going to system | administration page in the GUI)
5) At Password prompt, type the same password that you use for the GUI login and press enter
6) Snwlcli> time (this command will give you the time set on Email Security)
7) Snwlcli> time [YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm] [TZ ]
8) Snwlcli> exit