How do I change the friendly name of my SonicWall device in mysonicwall.com?
10/04/2021 558 11314
The friendly name of a SonicWall is a way to easily identify which exactly device is which within a mysonicwall.com account. This article will explain how to change this name whenever necessary.
1. Log onto your mysonicwall.com account.
2. There are two ways to change the Friendly name of a SonicWall.
Option1 : From the My Products Section
3. Select Product Management>>My Products on the left-hand side of the screen.
NOTE: The various sections of the site will only show up on the left-hand side if the web browser is maximized.
4. Locate the Serial Number of the device(s) you would like to rename.
5. Hover on the serial Number of the device(s) you wish to rename. The Edit Option will appear next to the Friendly name.
6. Click on the Edit option to rename the Friendly name.
7. Enter the desired name in the text box under Name.
8. Click on the check mark
9. Confirm in the Product List that your device(s) show the new name(s.)
Option 2: By clicking on the Serial number of the SonicWall
10. Click on the Serial number of the SonicWall from the Product list
11. Click on the Edit option to rename the Friendly name
12. Click on the check mark and Confirm in the Product List that your device(s) show the new name(s.)