Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How do I access Safemode on SRA or SMA 100 series appliances?
03/26/2020 118 12078
If admin access has been lost due to a misplaced password, these steps will reset the SRA or SMA 100 series to factory defaults via SafeMode.
Here's how to reset the SRA or SMA 100 series system to factory defaults via SafeMode:
- Press and hold the reset button on the front left of the appliance for 45 seconds. This is pushed using an opened paper clip thru a small hole in the front panel.
- The test light should flash when in Safe Mode.
- Connect to X0 on the appliance with a PC or laptop and assign an IP in the default subnet of 192.168.200.x
- Set the subnet mask as a typical Class C of 255.255.255.0
- Set the gateway to 192.168.200.1
- Open a browser and navigate to 192.168.200.1
- You will see several options. Choose Current Firmware with Factory Default Settings.
- The appliance will boot to defaults and reset all configuration
The default IP username is admin.
The default password is password.