How can I upgrade the firmware on SRA?
12/20/2019 1212 10810
This section describes how to upload a new firmware image to the SonicWall SRA appliance and then reboot the appliance with the new firmware.
Obtain a New Firmware Image File for your Appliance
- Log into your MySonicWall account.
- Click Downloads in the left navigation pane.
- Select your product in the Software Type drop-down list to display available firmware versions.
- To download the firmware to your computer, click the link for the firmware version you want and save it to a location on your management station.
Export Configuration Settings
Before beginning the update process, export a copy of your SonicWall SRA appliance configuration settings to your local machine. The Export Settings feature saves a copy of the current configuration settings, protecting all your existing settings in the event that it becomes necessary to return to a previous configuration state.
- Login to the active device , navigate to System | Settings.
- Click Export Settings. You will be prompted to select the location on your hard drive to save the file.
- The default settings file is named sslvpnSettings.zip.
Upgrade the Appliance with New Firmware
- On the System | Settings page, click Upload New Firmware.
- Browse to the location where you saved the SonicOS standard/enhanced firmware image file, select the file, and click Accept.
- Click the Boot icon in the row for Uploaded Firmware.
- Click OK. The upload process can take up to one minute.
- When the upload is complete, you are ready to reboot your appliance. Do one of the following:
- To reboot the image with current preferences, click the boot icon for New Firmware.
- To reboot the image with factory default settings, click the boot icon for New Firmware and select the Boot with factory default settings check box.
- A warning message dialog is displayed saying 'Are you sure you wish to boot this firmware?' Click Boot to proceed. After clicking Boot, do not power off the device while the image is being uploaded to the flash memory.
- After your appliance successfully restarts with the new firmware, the login screen is displayed. The updated firmware information is displayed on the System | Settings page.