How can I upgrade HA pair running 6.5.0.v build to 184.108.40.206v build?
03/26/2020 6 People found this article helpful 191,703 Views
This article explains how can we upgrade a 6.5.0.v HA pair to 6.5.4.v.
- 6.5.0.v HA pair is deployed and working normally. ( EXAMPLE:6.5.0.v_primarywith SN1 registered, 6.5.0.v_secondary with SN2 registered).
- HA option Enable Preempt Mode is unchecked.
- Deploy two new 6.5.4.v NSv in same model as 6.5.0.v (e.g. NSv200), keep in unregistered status. ( EXAMPLE: 6.5.4.v_primary and 6.5.4.v_secondary).
NOTE: Doing this step initially will result in speeding up the upgrade process and less traffic down time
- Make sure 6.5.0.v_primary is the current active unit, login to its GUI and export the prefs (EXP) file.
- In 6.5.0.v_primary GUI license page to click Deregister button, it will show successful deregistered message and auto reboot.
- 6.5.0.v_secondary will change to active immediately, observed below state change in console.
- Login 6.5.0.v_secondary GUI license page to click Deregister button as well, it will show successful deregistered message and auto reboot.
- When 6.5.0.v_primaryboots up, it will become active again, but now it's Unlicensed state . The previous settings actually are still kept (although many cannot be displayed), the traffic for limited nodes (10 in max) should still be working, while the services that need license (GAV, IPS, CFS, etc) are not running.
- Login 6.5.4.v_primary GUI to register with SN1.
- Login 6.5.4.v_secondary GUI to register with SN2.
- Power off 6.5.0.v_primary and 6.5.0.v_secondary.
NOTE:Make sure 6.5.4.v_primary and 6.5.4.v_secondary are configured same network (port-groupt) in ESX server (in order to make 6.5.4.v to take over all previous traffic after the prefs import).
- In 6.5.4.v_primary to import the 6.5.0.v prefs that exported in step 2, then 6.5.4.v_primary will auto reboot, after it boots up, all the customer traffic will be resumed. The HA will be established and settings synced to 6.5.4.v_secondary (secondary will auto reboot).
- After 6.5.4.v_secondary boots up, the 6.5.4.v HA pair is ready with all settings same as 6.5.0.v.
Was This Article Helpful?