How can I save a backup settings file from a SonicWall firewall?
12/20/2019 1232 45857
This article covers how to export a settings file from a SonicWall firewall.
Don't want to read? Watch instead!
NOTE: It's important to periodically export a settings file from the SonicWall and store it in a safe place.
Perform the following to save a backup of your configuration settings and export them to a file on your local management station.
- Login to the SonicWall firewall and navigate to Manage in the top navigation menu.
- Click Firmware & Backups.
- Click Import/Export Configuration... and save the settings file to your local machine. The default settings file is named using the firewall model number and current firmware.
NOTE: A scheduled cloud backup can be created. These cloud backups are stored securely on the MySonicWall.com account that the firewall is registered too.
To create a cloud backup perform the following.
- While in Firmware & Backups select the check box for Cloud backup enabled.
- To create a automatic scheduled backup that will upload to the cloud click Create Backup | Scheduled Backup.
- Different schedules can be created. Our example shows a schedule has been created to upload a settings file to the cloud every Sunday and Wednesday of the week.
- We can confirm the schedule works by selecting the list of uploaded settings file. The firewall will preserve the last three settings file and will automatically categorize the settings files based on firmware version.