How can I request a registration transfer of a SonicWall device from one account to another?
12/20/2019 9629 38121
Users unable to find a device under their MySonicWall account may need to complete a registration transfer.
A registration transfer is a request to move a SonicWall device from one user account to another user account. SonicWall considers the owner of any product to be the person or entity listed in mysonicwall.com to whom the serial number is currently registered.
The following are some of the scenarios requiring registration transfer:
- A reseller controls the registration of a unit and is no longer in business or unwilling to make the transfer.
- Resold used equipment (i.e. eBay).
- Units registered by a consultant who originally installed the firewall.
- The employee who managed the firewall is no longer available.
- If unable to find the serial number under the MySonicWall account OR trying to register the device but getting the message as "The serial number is already registered".
If you know the registered owner of the serial number, please contact them directly to request they transfer this serial number/product to an account you can access.
If you are the Registered owner of the serial number and you are looking for instructions on how to transfer the registration, please see the following article:
How to transfer a unit from one mysonicwall.com account to another?
If you do not know the registered owner a registration transfer can still be requested as follows:
- Navigate to www.mysonicwall.com and log in.
- Enter the serial number in the 'Quick Register' box and click Next.
- If you receive the message "This Serial Number is already Registered" you must contact Customer Service for further assistance.
You can contact customer service trough the followings channels:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TIP:Please use as a subject "Registration Transfer" .
- Web portal: Customer Service .
As a topic please choose: General Customer Service Questions.
- Phone call: 1-888-793-2830.
CAUTION: Please note, that some documentation is required from you to complete the request and you will be asked to send it by email.
The required information is listed below
- New Administrator Information: Full name, physical address, phone number, and email address of the new registered owner receiving the transferred serial number/product.
- For proof of ownership, please provide one of the following as indicated by the product type
- For Email Security (hardware and software), CDP, SRA, SSL-VPN, and SonicPoints: provide a screenshot of the Management Interface with a legible view of the serial number.
- For UTM products (e.g. NSA series, TZ series, SOHO) provide a Tech Support Report . To obtain this file, please perform the following steps
How to get Technical Report for Registration Transfer Process?
NOTE: If you are unable to login to the device to obtain the above information, we will accept a picture of the bottom of the device with a legible view of the serial number.
- Additional Documents: In addition to requirements listed above, please provide one of the following as proof of purchase/ownership:
- An invoice or receipt showing your purchase of this SonicWall product.
- Any other written documentation that verifies your ownership of this SonicWall product.
After receiving the mentioned documents, the registration transfer process will be initiated. You will receive an email with Service Request number within hour after email is received, showing it is in process. The registration transfer process will take 24 to 48 hours to be completed.