How can I create cloud backup of SonicWall settings?
12/20/2019 171 10598
With 6.5 & above firmware, SonicWall has option to create Cloud Backup of settings exp files. Maximum 3 configuration backups are supported per firmware version.
NOTE: Firewall cloud backups are sent securely over HTTPS to SonicWall servers which are managed by SonicWall. The settings file is not only transmitted securely but is encrypted individually while stored.
Login to your SonicWall management page and click Manage tab on top of the page.
- Navigate to Firmware & Backups page, on the right side enable Cloud checkbox as below.
- Click Create Backup button and select Cloud Backup from drop-down list.
- In Cloud Backup pop-up, enable Retain Cloud Backup checkbox and type any comment. Click Upload button to save settings as below.
NOTE: "Retain Cloud Backup" - This option is used to stop overwriting backup during auto or manual backup to cloud.
- SonicWall settings (.exp file) will be uploaded to SonicWall cloud server and shown under Cloud section as below.
- If there is more than one settings exported, click Show X Configuration Files to see all stored files in cloud. You can also delete it here.
NOTE: ('X' - total number of settings stored in cloud).